This unique, hybrid class combines the flexibility of online learning with the support of in-person connections! We will meet in-person for three classes (weeks one, six and seven) on August 16th, September 20th & 27th at Roots Family Chiropractic. Weeks two through five, we’ll have a video conference calls. Each week, you and your partner will watch instructional videos on your computer, tablet or phone.
What is Included in this Childbirth Class?
- Complimentary admission to the workshop Nutrition and Exercise for Pregnancy, Birth & Postpartum at Roots Family Chiropractic on August 5th from 1pm-3pm
- Three in-person classes at Roots Family Chiropractic on August 16th, September 20th & 27th
- Four video conference calls with your Instructor and fellow students
- Six-month access to the online portion of the class at Evidence Based Birth® Academy
- Spiral-bound workbook
- PDF library
- Birth Story Reunion with your babies! This will provide you with a chance to debrief after your birth in a safe space. (Processing your experience is very important!)
- Students also receive a $100 discount on labor and birth doula services from Birth With Christine.
In this class, we focus on comfort, evidence, and advocacy. These are the topics we’ll cover that will help you and your birth partner prepare for birth!
- How your Partner can be your Advocate
- Evidence Based Care
- Overcoming Fears and Anxieties
- Comfort Measures
- Stages of Labor
- Navigating the Healthcare System
- Providers (Models of Care)
- Communicating with Hospital Staff
- Know your Rights
- Pain Relief
- Labor Rehearsal
- Postpartum Discussion
- Newborn Procedures
- Baby Care
Will I Learn how to have a Natural Birth?
Evidence Based Birth® believes that every person has their own unique path. Instead of focusing on medicated vs. unmedicated birth, we focus on giving you tools and helping you learn the evidence, so that you can be empowered to make your own decisions! We do have a strong emphasis on non-drug comfort measures, because they have no side effects and can be used by everyone, whether or not you plan to use medications.
At the end of this class, you will have all the tools you need to create your ultimate labor and birth experience. If you want a natural birth, this class will give you the relaxation and pain management tools you need to have a natural birth. If you need an epidural or Cesarean, we’ll cover how you can be empowered that way, too!
Evidence Based Birth® is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for pregnant persons of any age, religion, race, sexual identity, gender identity, or relationship status.
[More about Christine: Christine is a certified doula, midwifery assistant, childbirth educator and breastfeeding counselor. She has been attending births professionally (in a variety of roles) for over four years – in hospitals, homes and birth centers. Since 2014, Christine has been teaching childbirth education, both in private and group settings. She is pleased to be one of the first in the country to offer the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class!]